Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Broken heart traveler

Life was beautiful with my gorgeous wife, everything used to dance around when we were together; I cherished and enjoyed every moment of life with her.
But her sudden death changed everything; the red rose which used to be fresh and source of escalation became colorless like a draught hit plant, the Viennese wine used to romanticize our trifling celebration has become tasteless and vain, the soul touching music of late 60’s has become awful noise.
After the death of my beloved wife, I decided to leave everything behind and hit the road to lose-my-self. Such hasty change and aimless travel was quite hard to manage.
Broken heart, traveler, love,
Image Flicker
Meeting addicted people on the road, clubbing and partying became daily activities in Munich. 
Searched for comfort at unusual and off beam places; I became a night creature and made friendship with all the bad guys in the town.   Slept with strangers and woke up with a new girl every morning. I lost almost 7 KG weight in short time because of strange habit and troubled schedules.
 Sniffed heroin for the first time, I threw up at the very moment then injected it with used syringes. My body rejected the white poison as something from above forced me to avoid the preposterous drill. But I failed to stop the deviation; neither had I realized the damage of such practices at the beginning.
Used whatever came my way to stay high, whether it was marijuana, bhang, majoon, hashish, spirits (acids), cocaine and other traditional remedies. 
The horrendous journey continued and I was roaming in the streets of Germany, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, and Hungary. I met, ate, slept, and traveled with aliens, street gangs, pimps, waifs and strays. Shared cloths of their boyfriends or their Ex and husbands to continue the journey to nowhere, with a slanted image. ‘After all these I botched to give them even an iota of love.’
Tried the trick of solitary confinement and became insomniac; it further damaged the body and the suffering soul within.
The only hope for me was to commit suicide and get rid of these burden I was carrying along for such long, the affliction, soul-asphyxia, distorted image, and prestige stigma were good reason to set the soul free from the body-cage.
Tried various stuff but they all turned vain, all I found colored water not poison not even the deity wanted to invite the filthy, shattered and bruised soul.  
One day I was leaving the squat in hope to find some bucks to buy some loaf; outside a local restaurant of Slovakia I met some spirited guys. They introduced themselves as “free-souls” who were from Turkey, after brief conversation they offered me some food and invited to their place.
The next day I was not keen to listen to their speeches, but rather more curious to get some food to silence my starving stomach. Astonishingly I found their conversation more enjoyable than the food; they were educated guys who were missioned to spread love.
I felt shiver which run through my spine, when I heard that they are on a mission to lose their “Self,” it was a strange feeling indeed a weird one. I kept thinking, how it can be possible, being on same mission but on different road.
They invited me if I can also be a part, for the rest of the journey. Halfheartedly I agreed, as there was no other purpose left in life.  I found them very kind no matter how the rude the people are or tough the situation around, never got the feeling of hatred for people or nature.
Slowly I loved spending time with my strange friends; I like working and helping them. They offered me some clean clothes and nice food, above all the care and respect which was not common.
One day in the late afternoon the group head came to me, he offered me the famous Turkish green tea and sat beside me. Calmly he said, “Why don't you quit all these bad habit and lose your ‘self’ for the marvelous love?”
I was a bit surprised; nothing came out of my mouth then after a brief silence the word ‘Yes’ came out, Like someone from inside forced me to say it.
It was a turning point of my life, I tried hard to get control over my addiction, the guys in the group helped me allot. At many occasion I betrayed my promise but latterly I achieved what I wanted.
I became a normal human being and started working with them; I have shared my experience with hopeless people in the streets and gave them the courage to live a normal life.
Life is beautiful now, working for local a charity organization; we collect funds for the needy ones, and also try to heal their inner wounds.
It’s not self-centeredness; neither egocentricity nor narcissism, but rather eternal love which one needs to share and definitely you will get back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment