Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

My crumbling temple

I heard MY temple crumbling!!!!
I heard that, there are ant-holes in the walls and floor of my temple, which causes water seepage  
I heard that, the sparkling flowers of my temple garden have turned comatose, thorns and parasitical plants have grown tall
I heard that, the cats of my temple have left long ago and the rats are twirling everywhere
I heard that, sometimes shadows appears in the moonlight which scares the Dog, which is the only defender of my temple
KIU, Gilgit, University, Hunza, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan, Education
Karakoram International University, Gilgit       Photo Credit: Anonymous 
I heard that, the birds have abandoned their nests and have migrated to new places, the atmosphere of my temple is saddened, and chirpings of birds are badly missing
I heard that, the curators have turned ostriches and vultures have turned curators
I heard that, the tallest tree of my temple has dried-up, because of termite which used to stand against the Sun, to protect the temple’s beautiful painted walls and doors.
I heard that, the metal road towards the temple has been crushed by huge traffic and giant vehicles, now the visitors have shunned their visits
I heard that, the new sentry is actually a bandit who has stolen some precious books and the golden pen
I heard that, there are ruffians who have been snatching prayer-beads from temple visitors  
I heard that, hyenas appear from nearby jungles; they yowl, search for carcasses and disappear
I heard that, the rats have their group and the ants have their own, so does the hyenas
I heard that, the cobweb is so thick that the visitors hardly see through the windows glass pane
I heard that, when it rains the drops seeps through the roof, which further weakens my temple
I heard that, the strong winds of winter has smashed all the candles against the walls
I heard that, the prayers, and soulful melodies have turned numb
I heard that, the temple bell is soundless as rust has snatched its blare
I heard that, the only nightingale of my temple garden slain by marauders
I heard that, It’s my temple, it’s my university, it’s the KIU which yens for me but I am frail, helpless can't get there, can’t make the hyenas run away, can't kill the rats and bring back the beautiful cats, can't fill the ant-holes to stop the seepage, as they all have grown stronger and stronger with big mouth, sharp teeth, big bellies, and huge in numbers.

I can't even give life to the lifeless flowers and trees as I am not the creator but like others visitors, I want the old days back, with true excitement, and affection. 
One can read the original post on MountainTV

No comments:

Post a Comment