Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

My crumbling temple

I heard MY temple crumbling!!!!
I heard that, there are ant-holes in the walls and floor of my temple, which causes water seepage  
I heard that, the sparkling flowers of my temple garden have turned comatose, thorns and parasitical plants have grown tall
I heard that, the cats of my temple have left long ago and the rats are twirling everywhere
I heard that, sometimes shadows appears in the moonlight which scares the Dog, which is the only defender of my temple
KIU, Gilgit, University, Hunza, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan, Education
Karakoram International University, Gilgit       Photo Credit: Anonymous 
I heard that, the birds have abandoned their nests and have migrated to new places, the atmosphere of my temple is saddened, and chirpings of birds are badly missing
I heard that, the curators have turned ostriches and vultures have turned curators
I heard that, the tallest tree of my temple has dried-up, because of termite which used to stand against the Sun, to protect the temple’s beautiful painted walls and doors.
I heard that, the metal road towards the temple has been crushed by huge traffic and giant vehicles, now the visitors have shunned their visits
I heard that, the new sentry is actually a bandit who has stolen some precious books and the golden pen
I heard that, there are ruffians who have been snatching prayer-beads from temple visitors  
I heard that, hyenas appear from nearby jungles; they yowl, search for carcasses and disappear
I heard that, the rats have their group and the ants have their own, so does the hyenas
I heard that, the cobweb is so thick that the visitors hardly see through the windows glass pane
I heard that, when it rains the drops seeps through the roof, which further weakens my temple
I heard that, the strong winds of winter has smashed all the candles against the walls
I heard that, the prayers, and soulful melodies have turned numb
I heard that, the temple bell is soundless as rust has snatched its blare
I heard that, the only nightingale of my temple garden slain by marauders
I heard that, It’s my temple, it’s my university, it’s the KIU which yens for me but I am frail, helpless can't get there, can’t make the hyenas run away, can't kill the rats and bring back the beautiful cats, can't fill the ant-holes to stop the seepage, as they all have grown stronger and stronger with big mouth, sharp teeth, big bellies, and huge in numbers.

can't even give life to the lifeless flowers and trees as I am not the creator but like others visitors, I want the old days back, with true excitement, and affection. 
One can read the original post on MountainTV

No comments:

Post a Comment